GREATER OAK BROOK CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
WHAT WE DO
The Greater Oak Brook Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development Partnership connects companies to the pulse of business in the Chicago region and serves as an influential and effective advocate and marketer for businesses.
We always put the needs of businesses first by:
1. Attracting new companies to our community and building new business opportunities for those companies and existing companies.
2. Working with key local, state and federal government decision makers to address the financial, operational and other needs of local businesses and businesses seeking to locate here.
3. Identifying transportation, infrastructure and other community solutions that will attract and retain a talented local workforce.
4. Developing new area attractions and marketing initiatives that will expand tourism and grow our local economy.
Welcome and Mission, Please Join
HOW WE WORK
The Greater Oak Brook Chamber of Commerce is a 501(c)6 business association governed by a board of directors comprised of Greater Oak Brook companies representing a range of industries: Fortune 500 companies, financial institutions, hospitality and retail businesses, technology companies, commercial real estate firms and more. Collectively, these individuals and their companies represent the policy interests of the Greater Oak Brook business community.
Six paid staff and consultants experienced in business, nonprofit association and economic development program management assist the board in planning the organization’s strategic direction, and manage and execute its operations, programs and activities.
Meet Our Staff and Board of Directors
The organization’s leaders and members work together in a geographically small community that is bustling with business. Over 100,000 people work or visit here each day, which keeps our local companies and economy thriving!
Fortunately, the community’s small geographical size allows us to stay connected and aware of the issues affecting each other. Working together like this has helped create a supportive and respectful organizational culture in which members may build positive professional relationships over time.
One Voice for Business through Committees!
The organization has established a collaborative communication structure that allows local businesses to work together through councils and committees to develop a vision and strategy that serve the broader business community’s needs. These joint efforts have helped create one business voice to address critical issues ranging from local signage codes and community marketing and transportation initiatives to broader state business policy concerns. Members may serve on the following councils and committees:
• Business Roundtable
• Banking and Financial Services Committee
• Economic Development Partnership Council
• Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
• Attractions and Events Committee
• Talented Workforce Committee
• Young Business Leaders
• Networkers Group
Serve On Committees
Over 350 key area companies employing nearly 10,000 people are members of the Greater Oak Brook Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development Partnership. Member companies represent commercial real estate (20%), hospitality and retail (25%), technology and other professional services (30%), banking and financial services (15%) and healthcare (10%) sectors. More than 1,600 professionals from these companies regularly participate in the organization’s programs and activities, with 250 of them serving in council and committee leadership roles.
Member Directory, Renew or Join Now