Dear Greater Oak Brook Chamber of Commerce Members and Friends,
I’m writing to make you aware of a very important Village of Oak Brook Board of Trustees meeting taking place at 7pm tonight, Tuesday, December 11, 2018, at the Butler Government Center located at 1200 Oak Brook Road in Oak Brook.
The Village Board will be voting on 1900 Spring, LLC and Jupiter Realty’s proposed 90-unit luxury condominium development known as The Butler. As you know, the Greater Oak Brook Chamber of Commerce enthusiastically supports this significant economic development project.
If you have a few minutes free this afternoon, please consider sending a quick email to Village President Gopal Lalmalani and the Village Board to encourage their support of The Butler. Emails should be sent to [email protected]
If you’d prefer to attend tonight’s meeting to express your support for the Butler, it is always helpful to have Chamber members represented and participating in Village discussions.
For more information on The Butler visit, http://www.thebutleroakbrook.com.
For your reference, following is a summary of my remarks made in support of The Butler at the Village of Oak Brook Board of Trustees meeting on 7/10/18 and to the Planned Development Commission on 11/12/18.
• This luxury condominium project is precisely the type of owner-occupied condominium land use which the Village Plan Commission, outside planners, and stakeholders in the community have declared is badly needed to strengthen the village’s existing commercial properties. (See the 2007 Oak Brook Commercial Areas Revitalization Plan).
• The specific location proposed for luxury condominiums to be developed is precisely one of the locations where the Village Plan Commission, community stakeholders, and prior Village Boards have determined that adding multi-family residential development would serve the community and surrounding properties very well.
• The B-2 zoning district has no height limitation and represents the most highly urbanized properties in the entire Village. The B-2 zoning district is the area best suited to fill the need for greater diversity in residential housing opportunities for Oak Brook residents who hope to stay in Oak Brook as they downsize.
• The economic impact from both the addition to the real property tax base, and the Village capture of disposable income sales tax from high net worth residents living within walking distance to Oakbrook Center would be an unequivocal win for Village residents and businesses alike. Oak Brook would receive approximately $1.6 million in permit and construction fees from The Butler. The Butler will boost local sales tax revenue by nearly $110,000 annually. Property taxes produced by the Butler will add an impressive $2.4 million annually for Districts 88 and 48 – a welcomed boost for our area schools.
• The prestige of adding a Lucien Lagrange Studio architectural design to the very core of the Village commercial areas is the type of indelible “branding” that would significantly advance the high-quality reputation that the Village has historically favored. This branding opportunity presents itself at just the point in time when aging structures from half a century past are facing demolition and being completely reimagined.
• Redevelopment opportunities like this come along only once in a very long time. The Village should not miss this opportunity which is clearly exactly what the 2007 Commercial Areas Revitalization Plan has recommended at precisely this location.
Thank you for your steadfast support of economic development and revitalizing Oak Brook’s commercial areas! Please do not hesitate to email [email protected] with any questions regarding this message or The Butler.
President and CEO
Greater Oak Brook Chamber of Commerce and
Economic Development Partnership