About the Chamber
Welcome from Tracy Mulqueen President & Chief Executive Officer
This year, the chamber will introduce some exciting new activities within its core strategy areas - economic development, public policy and business development. Here are a few examples of what’s ahead:
• Publication of state legislators’ voting records on key business issues
• Establishment of annual awards for state legislators who have exemplified outstanding leadership on behalf of business
• Production and distribution of a video highlighting the critical role businesses play in creating and developing jobs and growing the local economy and communities
• New community-wide promotions of Oakbrook Center’s major events and other significant local visitor events by the community’s hospitality and retail partners, the chamber and the two municipalities
• Development of peer networks for young professionals, including one for technology professionals, to build more support for our local workforce and to attract new workers.
The chamber’s Leadership Councils for Public Policy and the Economic Development Partnership and new advisory committees for Banking and Finance, Hospitality and Retail, Talented Workforce and Technology will help lead these efforts. If you would like to learn more about these groups and committees, please contact the designated staff listed for each council and committee on the next pages.
For more information about the chamber and all its initiatives, please see the chamber’s three websites at www.obchamber.com, www.greateroakbrookpartnership.com and www.experienceoakbrook.com.
Click here to view the 2014 Member Book.